Monday, August 2, 2010

What a weekend!

WOW! I had a fun and interesting weekend. My husband and I were alone for a few days of it so that was extra nice. We went on a few dates, spent some time with some friends, and did some driving around to find a cow.

So, apparently, there is an Amish "Wal-Mart". Yes, our friends took us there on Friday. It is in the middle of no where but it is really fun. We actually found some really cool stuff for very cheap that we needed for our new farm. We found some fence posts, glass blocks, and my favorite, the dinner bell to hang on my front porch.

We drove all over on Saturday and stopped at random houses that looked like they had beef cows to see if they had a calf for sale. Unfortunately, we had no luck but were given some very useful information to help us find a cow. Than we took the girls to the fair on Saturday night and we found a farmer who thinks he can get us a Guernsey milking cow and possibly a beef cow too.

So, we had a good weekend. Now I am waiting for my homemade bread to rise so I can punch it down and let it rise again. I am super excited to see if I can make bread as good as my Amish neighbor brought me the other day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment