Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I love waking up to the sound of the birds outside my window. There is something so peaceful and welcoming here. We have been in our new house for a month already but I am still amazed at how much I love it out here. Far from the sounds of the city, up high on the ridge overlooking the breath taking sight of the hills and trees below. God's awesome power just hits me when I look at the beauty in every new thing I discover up here.

Granted, there is so much more work on a farm but it is so rewarding. I can't wait to fill it up with animals. So far just three bunnies and three kittens in the barn but a chicken coop is in the making and we are bartering with the nearby Amish this weekend to get a milking and a beef cow.

The kids love it out here. They love the space, the animals (and the prospect of getting more animals), and the quietness. We are so blessed and thankful for our new home.

1 comment:

  1. We just love our farm too! I am excited you are blogging. I have a blog also. pathwaytoethiopia.blogspot.com It is super fun to connect this way. Can't wait to see pictures of that view!

    ReplyDelete